– 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 3 cups broccoli florets
– 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– 2 oz. cream cheese, at room temp
– 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives or other fresh herbs
– Garlic powder, cumin, or other spices
– 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
– Preheat the oven to 400°F.
– Place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl then add 2 tablespoons water. Cover the bowl (a large plate works best) then microwave the broccoli for 2 minutes.
– Remove the broccoli from the microwave and drain it very well on paper towels.
– Chop the broccoli into small, pea-sized pieces then add it back to the bowl.
– To the bowl, add the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, chives, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir until well-combined.
Arrange the chicken breasts on a cutting board, and using a sharp knife, cut a deep pocket lengthwise into each chicken breast without cutting all the way through to the other side.
– Divide the broccoli mixture among the chicken breasts, pressing it firmly into each pocket.
– Season the outsides of the chicken breasts on both sides with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and any other preferred spices.
– Divide the olive oil among two ovenproof skillets set over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add two chicken breasts to each pan.
– Sear the chicken for 3 minutes on one side then flip it once and sear an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
– Transfer the skillets to the oven and continue cooking the chicken breasts until the thickest part of each breast reaches 165°F, 10 to 15 minutes.
– Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and serve.