– 1 lb. Cheese Tortellini
– 1 lb. Jumbo Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
– 2 tbsp. Butter
– 1 Plum Tomato, diced
– 1 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
– 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
– 2 tsp. Prepared Horseradish
– 1 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
– 1/2 c. Heavy Cream
– 1/4 c. Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
– Kosher Salt, to taste
– Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1) Cook the tortellini according to package directions; drain.
2) Add the butter to a large skillet and cook the shrimp until almost cooked through; approximately 2-3 minutes.
3) Add the tomato, basil, garlic and horseradish and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through and is white/pink and not clear.
4) Stir in the flour; then add the heavy cream and cheese. Mix well; then add the cooked tortellini and stir until all coated. Sprinkle with extra cheese and chopped basil for garnish.