Philly Cheese Steak Cheesy Bread with just a few ingredients is the taste of Philly for a crowd!
Philly Cheese Steak Cheesy Bread sounds like a hard recipe but it’s actually ready to go in the oven in less than 20 minutes and is a perfect recipe for a crowd.
- 8 ounces Ribeye Steak thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt divided
- 1/4 coarse ground black pepper divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 loaf French bread cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces Provolone cheese sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Season the steak with half of the salt and pepper and all the canola oil. Heat a cast-iron skillet on high heat and cook the steak for 2 minutes without stirring or flipping. Add the Worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Remove from the pan and add in the butter, green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and the rest of the salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Spread mayonnaise over both halves of the bread.
- Cover with half of the provolone cheese, then add the steak and vegetables along with the rest of the cheese on top.
- Cook for 15 minutes on the middle rack until browned.