Shrimp scampi is always a delicious meal, but certain occasions deserve something a bit fancier… This Steak and Shrimp Scampi turns scampi into surf and turf and makes any dinner feel extra special!
Steak And Shrimp Scampi
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- ½ lb. linguine
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ lb. jumbo shrimp (or size of your choice), peeled and deveined
- ⅛ tsp sal
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Add linguine to an outsized pot of salted boiling water and let cook until hard, about 7 minutes. Drain well.
- While pasta is cooking, add butter and vegetable oil to an outsized skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for one minute.
- Add shrimp, salt, and pepper to pan and cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are cooked through and pink, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp to a plate and put aside.
- Stir in wine (or chicken broth) and juice and cook for 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley. Add linguine and shrimp back to skillet and toss to coat in sauce.
- Divide between two plates or bowls and top with sliced steak. Sprinkle on additional chopped parsley.
- Garlic Butter Steak
- Heat an outsized forged iron pan over high heat and sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, brush steak lightly with oil.
- Place steak in pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on all sides, until cooked to desire doneness (should be about 135 degrees for medium-rare and 140 degrees for medium).
- While steak is cooking, mix butter and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Top steak with spread and let it rest for about 5 minutes before slicing (be bound to slice against the grain).