- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (halved horizontally and paper towel dried)
- ½ c. flour
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 ounces of spaghetti
- White Wine Parmesan Sauce:
- 1 small yellow onion (or use ½ onion) chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 scallions chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 c. white wine
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 small tomatoes diced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ tsp salt more to taste
Step 1: Slice the chicken breasts horizontally, making thin slices. Using paper towels, pat the slices dry.
Step 2: Place the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a large bowl. Mix well until combined. In the flour mixture, dredge the chicken breasts, pressing them into the mixture using tongs and flipping them over to coat. Set the coated chicken aside.
Step 3: In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the flour-coated chicken breasts to the skillet once the oil is hot and sear for about 4 to 5 minutes per side until completely cooked and golden brown, flipping once. Set the chicken aside when done cooking.
- Step 4: To make the sauce, add the butter to the pan along with the diced yellow onion and minced garlic cloves. Cook for about 2 minutes over medium-high heat or until the onions and garlic are clear. Then, add the chopped scallions and tomatoes. Now, stir in the flour.
Step 5: To the pan, add the heavy cream followed by the wine, Italian Seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes. Bring everything to a simmering point before you add the half cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Stir the mixture using a whisk or wooden spoon until smooth.
Step 6: Following the package directions, cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente. Drain when done but do not rinse.
Step 7: To assemble, add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the sauce. Stir and continue to cook for about 2 to 4 minutes over low heat. Adjust the salt if needed. Nestle the chicken over the pasta and cook for 5 minutes more.
Step 8: To serve, either place the chicken over or next to the pasta. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!