- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/3 cup chopped olives
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast, and salt. Add water and olives, stirring until a shaggy dough forms.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for 12-18 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) with a Dutch oven or heavy pot with a lid inside.
- Once the oven is preheated, carefully remove the pot from the oven and remove the lid. Sprinkle flour or cornmeal on the bottom of the pot to prevent sticking.
- Gently shape the dough into a ball and place it in the pot. Cover the pot and return it to the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on, then remove the lid and bake for an additional 15-30 minutes, until the bread is golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the pot and let it cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.