aka Ranger Cookies, are a hearty yet soft and chewy oatmeal cookies with some nutty crunch, ooey-gooey chocolate chips, flakes of coconut, and fully loaded with flavor!
- ½ cup butter softened, 1 stick
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter and brown sugar and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes . You can also use the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until blended in. (scrape down the side if necessary)
- Then add in the oats, flour, and baking soda and mix until just barely combined , being careful not to over-mix.
- Next, add the chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and chopped pecans and gently stir them into the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop out 1 ½ tablespoons of dough and place it on the baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the pan before storing them in an airtight container.
Store at room temperature for up to 4-5 days.
Use quick oats instead of old-fashioned oats if desired.
Use gluten free one-on-one flour like Bob’s Red Mill if needed.
Use semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
Substitute walnut for pecans.
Add ½ cup of mini M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces if desired.