Delmonico’s Potatoes Bake a classic and comforting dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe combines tender, thinly sliced potatoes with a creamy and flavorful sauce, all baked to perfection. Named after the famous Delmonico’s restaurant in New York City, this dish has a rich history dating back to the 19th century. It is a true testament to culinary excellence and has stood the test of time.
To serve this dish, it makes for a fantastic side dish for a variety of meals. It pairs beautifully with roasted meats such as beef, chicken, or lamb. It also complements seafood dishes like grilled salmon or roasted shrimp. Additionally, it can be enjoyed as a vegetarian main dish when served with a fresh salad or steamed vegetables. The versatility of this recipe allows it to be tailored to your specific meal preferences.
Delmonico’s Copycat Potatoes Bake Recipe:
32 ounces of frozen hash browns
4 cups of freshly grated cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon of dried mustard
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
1 cup of milk
1 cup of heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a round casserole dish or a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, mix black pepper, salt, dried mustard, and garlic powder.
3. Toss the hash browns with the seasoning mix and dried parsley.
4. Layer the seasoned hash browns in the dish, alternating with layers of grated cheddar cheese. Make sure last layer is cheese on top.
5. Combine heavy cream and milk. Pour evenly over the layers.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
7. Remove foil and bake for 15-20 more minutes until the top is golden and potatoes are tender.
8. Let it rest briefly before serving.