For the crust
- 12 medjool dates
- 100 grams brown rice cereal flakes 1 + 1/2 cup
- 25 grams toasted hazelnuts 1/8 cup
- 25 grams coconut oil 2 tablespoons
For the cheesecake
- 750 grams low sodium fat free cottage cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 60 grams raw honey 3 tablespoons
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 10 gelatin sheets + 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 100 grams fresh strawberries
Start by making the crust
- Soak pitted dates in water for 10 minutes.
- Add them to a food processor without the soaking water and pulse until broken.
- Add in cereal flakes and hazelnuts and pulse until a ball of dough is formed.
- Stir in melted coconut oil and pulse until incorporated to the ball.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and press crust until it covers the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
For the cheesecake
- Soak gelatine sheets in cold water for 10 minutes. You can make this while you’re preparing the crust if you want.
- Add cottage cheese to a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in honey, cinnamon and vanilla and pulse until combined.
- Make sure that this mixture is not cold. If it is, nuke it for 30 seconds or so, but not longer or it might curdle!
- Squeeze excess water from the gelatine sheets and disolve them in 3 tablespoons water. Whisk until this water + gelatine mixture is lump free. If you still have lumps, nuke it for 30 seconds until they are 100% dissolved.
- Stir in water mixture into the cheese one and whisk until fully combined. Make sure you mix really really well!
- Pour mixture on your prepared pan and leave in the fridge to set for at least 6 hours or better yet, overnight.
My bars set in 3 hours… but if I were you I would let them chill for longer, just in case!These keep`well for days in the fridge, and can be frozen as well.You can get unsweetened cereal flakes in most health-food stores. If you use sweetened, that’s fine as well. For gluten-free bars, use a gluten-free brand.Cornflakes would work too.Butter or Earth Balance work well in place of coconut oil if you don’t have it.