- 3 to 4 lb. corned beef, spicy
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 lbs. baby potatoes, red and gold
- ½ head cabbage, chopped
- Remove the corned beef from its packaging and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover with beef broth (or water for a milder flavor) and add 2 bay leaves. Cover and cook on LOW heat for 5 hours.
- Add potatoes and carrots around the meat and continue cooking on LOW for another 3 hours.
- Finally, add the chopped cabbage, cover and continue cooking on LOW heat for another 30 minutes.
- Use tongs and slotted spoon to remove cabbage, carrots, and potatoes from the slow cooker. Remove the corned beef and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.